- April 9, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
New Visas Regulation 2019
From 16 November 2019
Introducing two new regional skilled visas and changes to its point system.
1) Visa subclass 491:
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491), a new and enhanced points-tested visa to assist regional Australia, for applicants nominated by a state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area.
2) Visa subclass 494:
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional)) visa (Subclass 494), a new and enhanced employer-sponsored visa to assist regional Australia, with two streams: Employer-Sponsored and Labour Agreement.
Old visa 489 & 187 superseded by these new visas.
Changes to the point system for 491 visa:
- 15 points for nomination by a State or Territory government agency or sponsorship by a family member residing in regional Australia, to live and work in regional Australia;
- 10 points for a skilled spouse or de facto partner;
- 10 points for certain Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) qualifications;
- 5 points for a spouse or de facto partner with ‘competent English’;
- 10 points for applicants without a spouse or de facto partner
For detailed report please see the link below.